Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today a young boy came to me. He rushed to the counter and told me of his excitement.

"This Saturday's my birthday party! I can't wait because me and my friends are going camping. My parents said I should buy something extra special for the party."

"Oh my," I began. "Have you ever been camping?"

"No. Is it fun?"

"Yes, it's very fun. And I bet you and your friends will be staying up late. Do you think so?"

"Oh, yeah! Everybody's coming."

"That sounds great. Tell me what you think of this..."




"...this is called a Sun Jar. It's a really neat toy from a company called SUCK UK."

"Wow! Look at it glow!" exclaimed the boy.

"Great, right? If you just let the jar sit in the sun for the day while you and your friends are playing, it'll soak up all of that solar energy. It has a few LED lights in it that automatically glow at night. But we don't care about that, do we?"

"Nooo!"

"That's right. All we care about is that the jar keeps that sunlight for the rest of your night. It'll be like your birthday will last all night."

"Thanks! I want it."

"Of course." I wrapped up the child's toy and sent him off for home.

"Thank you!" the boy shouted as he left.

"And happy birthday!" I answered.




Sources: http://www.suck.uk.com/product.php?rangeID=50

No comments: